Thursday, November 21, 2013

Road trip

We took the most amazing road trip in July 2012. Started out with a 4 am wake up to drive to Memphis. I thought that the kids would eventually fall back asleep. Thought being the key word. 😩
When we stopped for lunch I gave the kids some 'vitamins' that made them sleepy and they slept the rest of the way. We did the corny very touristy stay at the heart break hotel complete with a heart shaped pool. Visited Elvis' home and Sun Record studio too.
Next was Lexington, KY just for sleep. Then on to D.C. We saw everything! I must say seeing the world through your children's eyes is the best thing. We walked a lot. I will never forget D.C. When you ask the kids what their favorite part was, they say the hotel. However, I did splurge on a great place that was totally worth it!
Next was Gettysburg. Which was just finishing up a re-enactment to the kids were able to see some soldiers.
Then we visited friends and family in Pennsylvania.
Headed to North Carolina for rest at a cousins, Georgia to an Uncle and Aunts to get out on the boat, swim and play with distant cousins.
And ended in Alabama to see Josh's little sister.
I must say I did warn the kids and explain, just when you think we've been in the car too long, it will be longer still. And seriously only heard, "are we there yet?" One time only.
This was fun.

No comments: